Pultruded Fiberglass Rods / FRP Rods
Liberty Pultrusions is a premier USA-based pultrusion company and manufacturer of fiberglass rod. Our fiberglass reinforced plastic rods (FRP rods) are engineered and manufactured for quality and endurance through the pultrusion process.
Fiberglass Rod Availability & Specifications:
Pultruded Solid Fiberglass Rod is a composite material with unique characteristics making it useful in a wide variety of applications. Most rods are composed of polyester resin and fiberglass. These composites can be formed into practically any shape by using the pultrusion process.
FRP Pultrusion Rod can be manufactured in several standard, stocked grades or developed as a custom pultrusion.
Through the pultrusion process it is possible to vary the resin system and enhance the glass content properties in order to meet a wide range of demanding requirements for specific designs and applications. This flexibility with the resin mix makes pultrusion material easier to work with, longer lasting and a safer product for the end user than other materials. The composite matrices determine the characteristics of each grade.
Because pultrusion material is lightweight and strong, it is often much more efficient than steel, aluminum or structural timber. Pultrusion is up to 75% lighter than steel, but just as strong.
Here are some other features of Pultruded Solid Rod:
- Corrosion resistant
- Non-conductive (thermally & electrically)
- Non-magnetic electromagnetic transparency
- Dimensional stability
- Long life cycle
- Lower long-term cost
- Low maintenance
AVAILABLE SHAPES AND SIZES OF FIBERGLASS ROD
Liberty Pultrusions stocks many sizes of pultrusion rod in several shapes including:
- Round (.080 inch diameter through 1.5 inch diameter)
- “A” & Trapezoid
See our Pultruded Rod Technical Data for more information.
GOT A QUESTION?
NEED A PRICE QUOTE?
USES AND APPLICATIONS OF FIBERGLASS ROD
Liberty Pultrusions has produced fiberglass rod for use in many types of applications across various industries. From the sporting goods industry to agriculture to the oil and gas industry, we can deliver quality pultruded rodding so you can complete your project and be satisfied with your work.
Below are a few examples of applications for pultrusion rod that Liberty Pultrusions has produced:
- Dry Type Transformer Spacers
- Snow Poles
- Flag Sticks
- Yard Markers
- Gripper Rods
- Tool Handles
- Utility Poles
- Marketing Sign Poles
- Golf Flags
- Motor Wedges
- Awning Stiffeners
- Oil Field Sucker Rods
- Sports Equipment
- Tent Poles
- Fence Post Stiffeners
- Standoff Insulators
STOCKED GRADES OF PULTRUDED FIBERGLASS ROD
- Polyglas Polyester: Listed in UL approved transformer insulation systems for 130°, 155°, and 180°C. White color.
- Polyglas Supersil: Listed in UL approved transformer insulation systems for 180° and 220°C. Gray color.
- Polyglas EHS: Extra High Strenth. Natural color.
OTHER AVAILABLE GRADES OF PULTRUSION FIBERGLASS ROD
- Polyglas FR and TR: Flame retardant, track resistant, UL Yellow Card Listed – File E55403
- Polyglas C: Corrosion Resistant – Vinyl Ester
- Custom Colors Available
OTHER AVAILABLE PULTRUDED FIBERGLASS PROFILES:
- Pultruded Fiberglass Channel
- Pultruded Fiberglass Flat Sheet
- Pultruded Fiberglass Angle
- Pultruded Fiberglass Tubing
- Pultruded Fiberglass Beam
- Pultruded Fiberglass Plate
- Pultruded Fiberglass Bars
Liberty Pultrusion also manufactures Pultruded Electrical Shapes.
GOT A QUESTION?
NEED A PRICE QUOTE?
WHY CHOOSE LIBERTY PULTRUSIONS?
Liberty Pultrusions is a premier US-based manufacturer who has been leading the pultrusions industry for over 40 years. Our expert team provides quality, cost effective solutions for our clients.
We maintain aggressive pricing and we value innovation, precision and expertise to create superior products. This is what sustains our business and keeps our customers happy.
- Phone us at 412-466-8611
- Email us at email@example.com
- RFQ: Request a quote online – Tell us what you need and we will get a price back to you as soon as possible.
- Send us a drawing by email and one of our expert team members will examine your specifications and get back to you shortly.
At Liberty Pultrusions you can:
- Find an FRP pultrusion product to meet your application needs
- View our technical data page
- Compare pultrusion material to steel, aluminum & wood
- Discover Fiberglass Grating products
- Explore pultrusion machines, equipment and technology
- Learn more about the pultrusion process
We are committed to servicing our customers’ needs by providing superior customer support, aggressive pricing, fast delivery and the highest quality pultrusion products available.