Fiberglass Grating Stair Tread Covers are the economical answer for restoring worn stair treads or where slippery stairs present possible safety concerns.
FRP Grating Tread Covers are available in different resin systems for a wide range of industrial, commercial and residential applications. Central wear areas or full stair treads can be covered by cutting the tread cover to the appropriate length and width.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: Tread Covers need to be mechanically fastened to existing stair treads – do not use Tread Covers as an unsupported stair tread.)
• UltraGrate Fiberglass Tread Covers are designed to be fastened over existing stair treads that have become slippery and unsafe;
• Tread Covers are produced to exacting requirements resulting in a superior void-free laminate and with embedded oxide grit surface;
• Molded in color is safety yellow throughout;
• Tread color is black;
• Fine grit for residential/commercial applications and coarse grit for industrial applications;
• Tread covers are fire retardant and offered in 3 resin systems: Polyester – General Purpose, Isophthalic, and Vinyl Ester
*This information is provided as a guide to the use and application of Liberty Pultrusions UltraGrate Fiberglass Tread Covers and is not or does not represent a specific warranty of the product or its performance. The designer or user must determine the suitability of this product for a specific application.
For more information, see our chemical resistance guide, installation notes, and details on the fabrication of fiberglass grating in our Fiberglass Grating Options Brochure.