Resin Systems Available for FRP Grating
Fiberglass Grating is available in many resin systems, allowing the end use to make an economical selection for a specific application.
At Liberty Pultrusions, we off the following resin options:
General Purpose – Orthophthalic Polyester: An economical general purpose resin system for grating applications requiring good strength with minimal contact with harsh chemicals.
ISO (Isophthalic Polyester): A resin system offering an intermediate level of chemical resistance in moderately corrosive environments. A recommended material for applications involving splash or spill contact with chemicals.
Vinyl Ester: Provides the maximum level of corrosion resistance to aggressive chemical environments. Use in applications where contact with harsh chemicals, caustics or bleach is frequent.
Fire Retardant: All Standard Resin Systems noted above are fire retardant to a Class I flame spread of 25 or less based on ASTM E-84 Testing. Verification of testing is available if needed.
USDA Certified: The General Purpose and ISO resin systems can be formulated in such fashion to be certified under USDA requirements. Certification by an independent laboratory is available if required. This special formulation is fire retardant, but does not meet Class I requirements.
UV Resistance: All of our grating has a UV additive to limit degradation from outside exposure.
• Flame Retardant – (ASTM E-84) — Class I
• Most Resins Corrosion Resistant
• Electrically Non-Conductive
• Impact Resistant
• Low Thermal Conductivity
For more information, see our chemical resistance guide, installation notes, and details on fabrication of fiberglass grating in our Fiberglass Grating Options Brochure.
In addition to our Fiberglass grating, we offer a complete line of standard structural pultrusions to complete your FRP grating project.
Our FRP grating products are produced using only the best available quality processes. Learn more by viewing our:
GOT A QUESTION?
NEED A PRICE QUOTE?
- Phone us at 412-466-8611
- Email us at [email protected]
- RFQ: Request a quote online – Tell us what you need and we will get a price back to you as soon as possible.
- Send us a drawing by email and one of our expert team members will examine your specifications and get back to you shortly.
At Liberty Pultrusions you can:
- Find an FRP pultrusion product to meet your application needs
- View our technical data page
- Compare pultrusion material to steel, aluminum & wood
- Discover Fiberglass Grating products
- Explore pultrusion machines, equipment and technology
- Learn more about the pultrusion process
We are committed to servicing our customers’ needs by providing superior customer support, aggressive pricing, fast delivery and the highest quality pultrusion products available.